If we want to grow as a person and evolve, we often have to take chances. I feel like many people live their life without exploring the world around them and the opportunities that come with it. But South Africa is special. It’s a place where you can get the most out of life. It’s a place where you can experience new things, meet new friends and discover something about yourself.
Here are 5 things you can do in South Africa:
1. Table Mountain is a spectacular piece of land in the heart of Cape Town, South Africa. There are several ways to get up to the top, some more expensive than others. If you have time and money on your hands, then you can take the cable car up to the top. The cable car is built on a route that takes you up 1,156 meters. It takes about seven minutes to go up and costs R390 per adult (about $22). The views are breath taking; however, if you don’t have time or money then there is another option.
You can hike to the top. It’s not as bad as it sounds, it’s just under an hour of walking and you get a much better workout than just using the cable car.
So if you’re in Cape Town and want to see Table Mountain then choosing which way to go will all depend on your time and money available.
2. Go shark cage diving and get up close and personal with some Great Whites!
If you’re a big fan of the ocean, proximity is not a problem. For those of us who love to be near the water, but maybe don’t have the skills and equipment to get in it, cage diving is an excellent option. It’s thrilling to see such massive predators in their natural habitat, and the best part is that you’ll be kept safe and uninjured. With this kind of experience, you can see the world from a different perspective and respect nature’s might in a way that was never so real before.
3. Zip lining through the South African forest is an amazing experience! You will feel like you are in a Tarzan movie. You will be pulled by a cable over the most beautiful and lush trees with hundreds of meters below you, and fly over the most breath taking river. The zip line experience will even let you walk next to waterfalls, which you will see like you have never seen before! If you want to do something unforgettable, this is an activity for you!
4. Explore the country side on an off roading trip!
Whether you have a bakkie or an SUV, you’ll be content to show some serious skills on technical gravel roads. You’ll be driving over mountains and manoeuvring through country side like never before, enjoying the rewarding views.
5. Visit a safari reserve and get up close to some dangerous wild animals!
Whether you’re a safari veteran or it’s your first time, South Africa’s diverse national parks and private game reserves offer some of the best game viewing opportunities in the whole of Africa. The majority of South Africa’s parks and reserves are home to the Big Five, and sightings of lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino all in one visit are not uncommon.
Read more on Moolman Martin | Outdoor and Adventure’s